MTB circular trail - From Bischofsheim to Kreuzberg (long round) - Rhön
Rhön GmbH Verified partner Explorers Choice
Kloster KreuzbergPhoto: Wolfgang Fallier, CC BY, Rhön GmbH
It is then only a stone's throw to the transmitter and the summit cross of the Kreuzberg. You can quickly get to the Gemündner Hütte via the ski slope. But as a biker you are not alone on this section of the route. The same applies to the onward journey to the Neustädter Haus.
Only the flow trail on Kreuzberg can bikers simply take it under the cleats. Several junctions and different trails bring us to the Mariengrotte from Unterweißenbrunn. You then come back along the Leutnau.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Safety informationThe tourist paths of the Rhön are mostly also used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, horse riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to be considerate of each other. Of course, the same applies to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, nature sports should therefore only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
- In the Rhön, the paths are shared. With mutual consideration, nobody needs to get angry.
- It is best to drive on trails and paths. Across the meadow - don't do that!
- Take the memories with you and your rubbish!
- Never drive faster than you can stop.
- At night (and in winter) the forest belongs to the animals.
We recommend that you only ride the mountain bike circuits in the summer season (May-October).
Public transportThe following bus lines in the Rhön-Grabfeld district go to Bischofsheim:
- Line 8012 - Kreuzberg bus: Oberelsbach/Sandberg - Bischofsheim - Kreuzberg
- Line 8305: Gersfeld - Bischofsheim - Bad Neustadt
By roadThe tour can be approached via the A71. To do this, leave the motorway at exit 25 Bad Neustadt and drive in the direction of Bad Neustadt on the B279. Follow this a few kilometers later and turn right in the direction of Bischofsheim. Follow this road until you can turn right to Bischofsheim. You enter the town on this street and you reach the central car park directly. This is on the right side of the road.
ParkingZentralparkplatz (central parking lot) Bischofsheim, Ludwigstraße, 97653 Bischofsheim | GoogleMaps
EquipmentThere are numerous recommendations for the right equipment on a mountain bike tour. We recommend that you take a look at the BIKE BOOKLET. This was written for you by mountain bikers and subject matter experts. Among other things, the following is recommended for the equipment:
- Helmet / gloves / (sun) glasses
- Matching backpack with rain cover
- tools and spare parts
- Warming / cooling clothing
- First aid kit
- Orientation aids such as a map or navigation system
- Security (mobile phone, money, ID card, debit card, sunscreen)
Now you know where to look for more details.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others