You can park your bikes at the local bike & ride station and climb the short walk to the top of the mountain. In the core zone Lösershag, one of the first of the UNESCO Rhön Biosphere Reserve, many rare animal and plant species have their home. The mountain elm, which has disappeared in many other locations, can still be discovered here. Butterflies and snails are also numerous. From the Löserhag the tour continues over the Feuerberg (832m) with the Kissinger Hütte to the former basalt works of Stangenroth. You return to Oberbach via the Willenstöpfelküppel (646m).
Safety informationThe ascent from Oberbach to Lösershag is quite demanding.
The tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies, of course, to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
- In the Rhön, the paths are shared. If there is mutual consideration, nobody has to be angry.
- Trails and paths are best for driving. Across the meadow - don't do it!
- Take the memory with you and your trash!
- Never drive faster than you can stop.
- At night (and in winter) the forest belongs to the animals.
We recommend that you only ride the mountainbike trails in the summer season (May-October).
Tips and hints
Getting thereBad Brückenau can be easily reached via the A7. Leave the motorway at exit 95 Brückenau / Wildflecken and follow the signs towards Bad Brückenau. There are numerous parking spaces in Bad Brückenau.
ParkingParking lot, Friedhofsweg, 97769 Bad Brückenau | GoogleMaps
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThere are numerous recommendations for the right equipment on a mountain bike tour. We recommend that you take a look at the BIKE BOOKLET (in German). This was written for you by mountain bikers and technical experts. Among other things, the following is recommended for equipment:
- helmet / gloves / sunglasses
- fitting backpack with rain protection
- tools and spare parts
- warming / cooling clothes
- first aid kid
- tools for orientation (map, navigation)
- safety (mobil phone, money, credit card, sun blocker)