Shortly after the Teufelsstein, the path turns onto the Poppenhausen Kunsmeile. Numerous works of art by international artists can be viewed on this largely asphalted section of the path as far as the Fuldaer Haus. This is a popular excursion point for the localities, especially on weekends.
On the way back to the starting point of the tour, there is a real specialty in the Rhön, the stone wall. According to its name, the mountain with 646 meters of altitude offers one of the few natural climbing rocks in the Rhön that can also be offered for lead climbers. The path runs through a small wooded area back to the Ziegelhof.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies, of course, to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereArrival by car is easy via the A 7. Leave the autobahn at exit 92 Fulda-Mitte and take the B458 in the direction of Hilders. At the crossroads in the direction of Steinwand, turn left and you can drive directly to the right to the Ziegelhof car park.
ParkingHike parking lot, 36163 Poppenhausen (Wasserkuppe) | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.