The volcanic rock formation is particularly worth a visit - pure nature.
There are longer inclines and asphalt routes to be accepted.
Safety informationThe tourist paths of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, horse riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. Of course, the same applies to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, nature sports should therefore only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
- Website of the community Tann (Rhön)
By roadOn the A7 exit Fulda Mitte, continue left towards Fulda, then follow the signs to the right towards Hofbieber - Tann.
ParkingThe following free parking spaces are located near the tour:
- Rhönhalle, junction Pfortengarten & Am Kalkofen, 36142 Tann (Rhön) | GoogleMaps
- Hiking car park "Alter Weg", 36142 Tann (Rhön) | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain gear
- Sun protection in high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigator or map
- Sufficient drink reserves and provisions
- Camera to capture the beautiful views