Downhill, the path now leads through a large forest area, the Waldfensterer Forst, in which you can still find the remains of historic hiking glassworks. After crossing the forest, you get back to the starting point of the tour, forest window.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereMit dem Auto erreicht man die Extratour Waldfenster über die A7. Hier nimmt man die Ausfahrt 95 Bad Brückenau/Wildflecken und folgt der B286 in Richtung Geroda. Auf dieser Straße erreicht man nach wenigen Kilometern den Ort Waldfenster.
Parkplatz am Pfarrgemeindezentrum, Kreuzung Frankenstraße und Wolfshecke, Waldfenster | GoogleMaps
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.