Before we start hiking on the Extratour, we use the distillery telephone to find out which distilleries are open and, in addition to viewing and tasting, also offer catering. A detailed tour guide is also available for the hike, which we can obtain from the municipality of Wartmannsroth, from the tourist information office Franken's Saalestück and from the participating distilleries.
The Extratour is not only appealing with interesting facts about alcoholic beverages, it is also particularly impressive through their varied landscape. Romantic valleys, mixed forests, meadows and rains inspire us with unique impressions of nature.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereThe starting point of the extra tour Wald-Brand can be reached via the A7. Leave the motorway at exit 96 Bad Kissingen-Oberhulba and drive on the St2291 in the direction of Warthmansroth. You drive briefly on the B27 in the direction of Bad Brückenau to take the next exit in the direction of Wartmannsroth-Schwärzelbach. Not far after the end of Schwärzelbach is the Eichelrain car park.
ParkingParkplatz Eichelrain, Wartmannsroth-Schwärzelbach | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.