The Extratour Tour de Natur begins in the town's spa garden and leads uphill towards the Söderberg (356m), which the hiking trail circles. Crossing the Lauter valley, the route leads to Weiersberg (392 m). After the summit, the path leads to the Koppe (348 m), on which there is a celestial observation point. From here, day and night, an impressive view of the city of Bad Salzschlirf and the sky opens up. Finally, the Extratour leads back to the spa town and the spa gardens there.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTo get to the Extratour Tour de Natur by car, take the A7. You leave this at exit 90 Hünfeld-Schlitz and drive in the direction of Schlitz until you have reached the castle town. Here you follow the signs to Bad Salzschlirf, which you approach via the L3141. The car park is on Bahnhofstrasse opposite the mini golf course.
ParkingRad- und Wanderparkplatz Bahnhofstraße, Bad Salzschlirf | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
- Camera to capture the wonderful views
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.