Now it gets adventurous: We manage the sometimes steep ascent to the summit of the Weyhershauck. Here, too, we enjoy a wonderful view. The educational boards tell us what creeps and flies on these grassy areas, e.g. B. orchid, silver thistle and many species of butterflies. The resting bench at the memorial cross is perfect for a snack.
The tour leads us through a varied landscape and to the Lichtenburg ruins, a managed castle complex from the 12th century. We follow the path south on a narrow path back to the starting point of the Extratour.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereAuch mit dem Pkw ist die Extratour gut zu erreichen. Hierzu kann man über die A71 anfahren. Die Autobahn wird über die Ausfahrt 24 Mellrichstadt verlassen. Man begibt sich auf die B285 und erreicht auf dieser kurz später Ostheim. Innerorts ist der Parkplatz ausgeschildert.
Parkplatz am Wasserwerk Ostheim | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.