Through extensive spruce stands, repeatedly interspersed with old beeches, we reach the Karl-Straub-Haus in Würzburg. During our break we enjoy regional Rhön products. The panoramic view of the mountain tops of the Dammersfeldrhön makes the enjoyment perfect.
We continue down the valley through the unique landscape of the Schwarzen Berge to the source of the Thulba. How beautiful are these mountain meadows! Here we experience one of the most valuable habitats in the Rhön for many rare animal and plant species. At the end of the Extratour Kuppenweg we visit the nearby towns of Geroda and Platz.
Rest StopWürzburger Haus
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.)
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Getting thereMit dem Pkw erreicht man den Ausgangspunkt der Extratour über die A7. Die Autobahn verlässt man über die Ausfahrt 95 Bad Brückenau Wildflecken und fährt auf die B286 in Richtung Geroda. Nach Geroda fährt man in den Ort Platz. Hier biegt man innerorts links in die Bergstraße ab und erreicht kurz später den Wanderparkplatz Platz.
Wanderparkplatz Platz | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.