That's why we often look down and not just into the distance. Because in this type of vegetation, which is characteristic of the Rhön, there are numerous rare animal and plant species.
Even if saying goodbye to the Dreienberg is difficult, the reward follows immediately. Soon, wonderful vantage points open up to the impressive panoramas of Kuppenrhön, Seulingswald and Werra-Bergland before we come back to the parking lot.
Safety informationThe tourist routes of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.).
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies, of course, to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
- Extratour Dreienberg on the homepage of the community Friedewald
Getting thereThe Extratour Dreienberg can be reached via the A4. The motorway is left at exit 33 Friedewald. This takes you directly to the village of Friedewald and follows the signs to the Dreienberg hiking car park.
ParkingHiking car park Dreienberg, 36289 Friedewald | GoogleMaps
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
- Camera to capture the wonderful views
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.