Extratour Der Hilderser - Hilders - Rhön
Rhön GmbH Verified partner Explorers Choice
Extratour Der HilderserPhoto: Katharina Lubosz - Marktgemeinde Hilders, CC BY
The hike then continues to a way of the cross with 14 stations and a chapel with a crucifixion group on the Battenstein (649 m above sea level). We climb the summit of the Buchschirmberg (746 m above sea level) via the Huteweiden landscape that is typical of the Rhön. What a view of the plateau areas of the Hochrhön, over the Ulstertal and the Kuppenrhön with the Milseburg!
The Rhönklubhütte Simmershausen with its rest area and idyllic ponds is ideal for a break. Freshly strengthened, we set course for the “Köpfchen” park and barbecue area on the saddle between Buchschirmberg and Auersberg.
Safety informationThe touristic paths of the Rhön are mostly used by other active people (hikers, mountain bikers, cyclists, walkers, riders, cross-country skiers, etc.)
We ask all active nature sports enthusiasts to show consideration for one another. The same applies of course to nature - it is worth protecting. In the Rhön, therefore, nature sports should only be practiced in daylight on designated paths and areas.
Tips and hints
Public transportThe Extratour Der Hilserser does not have a direct bus stop.
Alternatively, the hiking trail can be started in Hilders. There is a central bus station for bus lines there. It takes between 30-60 minutes to get from the central bus station to the hiking trail.
The following lines of LNG Fulda run via the Hilders central bus station:
- Line 21: Hilders - Hofbieber - Petersberg - Fulda
- Line 24: Tann - Wendershausen - Lahrbach - Hilders
- Line 25: Tann - Esbachsgraben - Aura - Hilders
- Line 26: Hilders - Unterbernhards
- Line 30: Wüstensachsen - Hilders - Eckweisbach - Dipperz - Fulda
- Line 32: (Tann -) Simmershausen - Hilders - Reulbach Fulda
- Line 90 RhönRadBus: Gersfeld - Wasserkuppe - Hilders - Milseburgradweg - Fulda
Getting thereThe starting point of the Extratour Der Hilderser can be reached via the A7. To do this, leave the autobahn at exit 92 Fulda-Mitte. Here you drive on the B458 in the direction of Hilders. You drive this to the T-junction in Batten. Here you turn left to Hilders, the next village after Batten. Here you need to follow the signs towards the village of Simmershausen. Soon afterwards you will reach your destination: the hiking car park "Köpfchen".
Hiking car park "Köpfchen, 36115 Ehrenberg | GoogleMaps
Book recommendation by the author
- Dehler Verlag – Hochrhöner Extratouren | ISBN: 978-3-00-023493-4
Author’s map recommendations
- Kompass Kartenverlag - Wanderkarte Rhön | ISBN-10: 3990446045 | ISBN-13: 978-3990446041
- Sturdy shoes
- Rain clothes
- Sun protection at high temperatures
- First aid kit
- GPS navigation device or map
- Sufficient drinks and provisions
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Photos from others