The digital tour guide of the Rhön
Let yourself be inspired by our suggestions and find your favourite tour!
On the move in the Rhön
Just a few minutes further the scenery can change again completely change. You dive into unspoilt forests, discover crystal clear mountain lakes and eerily beautiful high moor landscapes full of mysterious stories. You roam through medieval towns, look from vineyards to winding river valleys, enjoy the scent of flowering meadows and orchards. The Rhön is like a wonderland that always looks different.
Discover hiking trails through ancient forests, mountain bike tours to the basalt peaks and cross-country trails through snow-covered landscapes when you are out and about in the Rhön.
Current road closures and their diversions
- November 11th/12th - Auersberg area
- November 20th - Schwarzes Kreuz / Sandberg area near Schwarzbach
- November 22nd/23rd - Auersberg area
- November 26th - Waldberg area near Langenbieber
- November 27th - Kugelberg area near Hofbieber
- January 8, 2022 - Armenhof area near Margaretenhaun
- January 15, 2022 - Schwarzes Kreuz / Sandberg area near Schwarzbach
For everyone - the Extratouren
Active in the wintry Rhön
Hikers' huts are not only found in the Alpine mountains
Impressions from the Rhön
Contact to the destination
Rhön GmbH - Gesellschaft für Tourismus & Markenmanagement
Telephone: 0800 9719771
Funded by the European Union and the Free State of Thuringia with ERDF funds
As part of the funding project "Zusammen aktiv unterwegs - am Besten in der Thüringer Rhön", the Rhön GmbH pursued the goal of enhancing the hiking trails of the Rhön, especially those of Thuringia, with good texts and images and publishing them digitally.
The goals within the project were and are:
- the presentation of the Thuringian Rhön as an active tourism region,
- the increase in "desirability" and a sharpening of the profile of the Rhön destination,
- an increase in the number of visitors and the associated added value,
- the move away from "arbitrary marketing", and
- creating sustainability for newly created tourist infrastructures.
The project was implemented through the production of text and image material for 30 hiking trails in the Thuringian Rhön. This material is used in the Rhön touring portal. The creation of this tour portal is another measure carried out within this funding project.
We thank all partners who participated during the project and look forward to all those who we will win for a partnership .